There's no such thing as a 'strong willpower' - know your weaknesses and build strategies to keep them in check! Here's six tips to get going...
- Never shop for food when you are hungry.
- Feeling hungry? Have a glass of water first, then wait 10 minutes to see if you really need to eat.
- Clear your pantry and fridge of highly-processed food and restock only with foods that support your health.
- Make double the dinner meal, pack away half (before you eat) for next day's lunch.
- Commit to preparing two meals on your day off that you can heat up for days where you're too busy or tired to cook: curries, casseroles, mince.
- Commit to a big salad each day - add sardines, olives, avocado, feta, nuts, seeds.
- Avoid impulse supermarket buys: plan meals, create a shopping list at home - use a shop/recipe app or buy groceries online.
- Ok so IF all else fails and you're going to binge on a food ... choose one type only! Swapping from sweet to salty foods will make you eat even more!